Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: Telefonica O2 UK
Accepted Solution

Contacting Research In Motion UK to enquire about upgrade availability without incurring a fee?

Hoping that someone 'in the know' can advise me on the core issue or how to get in touch with RIM without having to pay a support fee.

My BlackBerry is brand new and is running the O2 UK branded BB 5 OS firmware.

I connected the device to my PC after unpacking and booting it for the first time to see if there was updated firmware, the software loader indicated that there was a minor 5 update available but did not offer an option to upgrade to 6 which I gather you can do with the Pearl 9105.

I understand that with most mobiles/cellphones the operator has to approve the firmware before its rolled out so I phoned O2 and was told they had not heard anything from RIM UK about availability, so are there any RIM staff or knoweldgeable folks that know when it is likely to be released?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Contacting Research In Motion UK to enquire about upgrade availability without incurring a fee?

BlackBerry UK contact Number is Tel: +44 (0)1753 667000

As of now OS 6 is not official for Your BlackBerry Device.

Thanks,

Graham.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: Telefonica O2 UK

Re: Contacting Research In Motion UK to enquire about upgrade availability without incurring a fee?

Cheers, here's hoping it gets sorted soon.