Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 9360 curve
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Contacts Back Up??

Hi,

I'm having my 9360 curve replaced with a new one (this one is faulty)  tomorrow morning.  I need to hand over this one (without the sim obviously).   I have backed up all info on my desktop, but would like confirmation that the contacts that are stored on my phone are also backed up and will be loaded into my new phone when I connect it to the computer.   Please help I can't possibly add all the contacts one at a time to the sim card.

Any and all advice on best way to do this appreciated.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Contacts Back Up??

If you made a full backup of the device using Desktop Software than you should be good. I also recommend using BB Protect to do the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

thanks for the reassurance John, what's the BB Protect?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You may have it preloaded on your device. If not check BBWorld for BlackBerry Protect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Thanks, will go check that out on my phone. If I know contacts are securely backed up now, am I best erasing all data from the phone before sending it back with the courier? If so any suggestions as to the best way to do that? ah, just a thought - factory reset?
Guru II

Install BB Protect and make a backup of everything with that. If you're just worried about contacts data you can restore it from there very quickly on the new device.

When you're done making all the backups you can do a security wipe on the device:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14058

Thank you so much John. That's it all backed up. I shall wait till it's on it's way then wipe the device once it's transferred to the new one. Wonderful, I'll sleep tonight. Appreciate you're prompt help. Have a great week ahead.
Guru II

Happy to help. Good luck!