Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Contacts Gone - Can't Sync

Here is my current problem.

1. Using Missing Sync to sync contacts results in the following error message: "Blackberry devices running OS version 4.2 and greater cannot accept contact records without names."
  2. After syncing - all contacts in Contacts on Bold have disappeared.  However, I can still get to contacts records through Phone and Messages apps on the Bold.
I have been working with both Missing Sync and Pocket Mac to figure out which will work best for me.  In between using either program, I have been diligent to uninstall and restart the computer before installing, restarting the computer and using the other program.  Missing Sync was working fine - in regard to my current contacts issue - before Pocket Mac successfully synced my data.  (Pocket Mac would not complete a sync because of an error that occurred when syncing e-mail until I de-selected e-mail syncing).  It seems as though the successful PocketMac sync messed things up so that contact information does not show up in Contacts on the Bold regardless of the sync program I am using.

Is there something that I should do on the Bold to remedy the situation.

I have a support request in to Missing Sync.  I am giving up on PocketMac due to it causing this issue, not working in other regards, and the very poor reviews it has.

Thanks for your help. 

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Contacts Gone - Can't Sync

I have solved my problem by wiping the Bold and re-syncing contacts.  It worked great.