Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Contacts and 8520 curve

I have just purchased a blackberry 8520.  I have also downloaded the blackberry desktop software v5.0.0.8 that came with the phone..  My question is-

can I add contacts to my phone through the software.  I have 280 contacts on an old phone that will not let me transfer.  The salesperson said it would be quicker to do this on my computer via the software rather than entering directly into the phone.

I am now frustrated with trying to do what was described as a simple procedure. 

Please Help!

Sincerely,

Steve Shamblin

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contacts and 8520 curve

Steve, what old phone, got a model name?

For many other smartphones, you can use Desktop Manager > Switch Device Manager to move contacts and other data from one device to the BlackBerry -- IF you can connect the old phone via USB cable to your PC.

If not, find out how you can move the contacts from that old phone to the PC, to an excel file or an ASCII file. From there you can edit the data, and import those contacts via Desktop Manager > Sync.

Many use Outlook on their PC for this purpose.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

it is a sprint 502ic ,  the problem is that the usb connection is damaged,  the simm card is registered to the ic502 only,  so i have to either pay sprint more of their ransom or manually enter the info into the phone,........unless i find an easier solution from my new friends at the forums.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

But see your issue lies with the OTHER device, not the BlackBerry.

I can help you all day long with a dozen methods to get your data ON TO the BlackBerry... got that covered.

Your problem is getting the information off of the other device. Have you tried their forums for suggestions of what to do?

Then come back here and we'll get the data you get off of the other device onto your BlackBerry. Smiley Happy

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code