Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Smart Communications

Contacts and Message Issues on Bold 9790

Hi,

My concern is:  In my Bold 9700, after I've selected a contact I want to send a text message to, the other boxes for recepients automatically disappears; however, in my Bold 9790, after I've selected the contact, there is another recepient box below it. Even when I'm replying to a contact, there still is that empty recepient box below the contact I'm replying to.

I'm still using the OS version that  came with the phone when, OS 7.0.0.473 as there still isn't an available update fro my carrier and I don't want to install a leaked version.

I do hope it's an OS issue. I'd appreciate any input you guys have on my concern. Thank you!

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Contacts and Message Issues on Bold 9790

Hello adaptedboy

Welcome to the Community

Yes, it can be fixed by an OS upgrade. If Smart still doesn't have an OS update, I would suggest you wait for their Official Release.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Smart Communications

Ron,

Thanks for your reply.

I have another issue, which occurred just minutes ago - when I picked up my phone, I found out that it had been turned off. I tried pressing the power button, but it wouldn't turn back on. I had to do a battery pull, and thankfully that did the trick. Any input on this issue? Thanks.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

There are software glitches that can be fixed by just pulling the battery out.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter