Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone Australia

Contacts birthdays

I just got my new Bold but couldn't figure out why certain birthdays on my contacts show up in the calendar as recurring events while others don't. Is there a way to fix that? Thanks!

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Contacts birthdays

Hello havenough,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

You can edit the reoccurrence of the calendar appointment on your BlackBerry smartphone. Navigate to the calendar and open the Birthday you would like to edit. In the reoccurrence field select yearly and save the changes.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: BASE

Re: Contacts birthdays

[ Edited ]

It doesn't solve the problem.

My configuration: Bold 9700, MBP with BDS 2.1.1

Problem: I have one iCal calender, 300 something contacts with birthdays set up in the address book. In iCal i subscribed the birthday calender and sync both calenders (the "normal" one and the subscribed birthday calender).

On the bold all contacts show up correctly and also the defined birthday dates in the contacts. Since the contacts were imported the birthday dates doesn't show up in the calender as they would do, when you added the birthdays within the phone.

Therefore I'm syncing also the subscribed birthday calender from iCal to the phone. The problem here is, as "haveenough" has posted, that some show up as all day events (as they should imho) and other start at 01:00 am reaching to the next day 01:00 am. Why? What's the problem here?

So the suggested steps to set the birthdays to all day events not showing up as all day events would result in a complete mess, since you would have in iCal the subscribed birthday calender + the ones you changed on your Bold side by side as new calender entries in "normal" calender. This can't be and actually is not a solution. That's sick.

Thanks for an answer.

PS: I just read in another thread that this also has something to do with daylight saving times. So during "summer" birthdays are one hour late and in "winter" the are setup correctly as all day event. Come on. This can't be a problem???