Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Contacts from Nokia to Blackberry

Dear all,

I need your help here, I have copied all my contacts from my Nokia E70 into my BB 8800 by using the Bluetooth. Then I found that the BB didn't get all the details in the contact details (for example I if the contact person has more than one mobile number in the Nokia it is available but when I copied them it copied only one of them and ignored the rest). I have more than 1000 contacts on my Nokia and more than 50% of these contacts has more than one mobile.

What is the best solution to solve my issue. I remember I saw on the net there is a program that I can install on the BB and can get all details and if the contact person has more than one mobile it will not ignore it but it will save it on the next available field. I'm trying to find this program but I couldn't find it, if anyone knows this program please let me know or can give me any other solution.

Thanks.

Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contacts from Nokia to Blackberry

Is there any nokia application in which you can sync or export your nokia contacts to the PC?

Then you can easily import or sync the data from the PC to the BlackBerry.

For the Nokia applicaiton you need, I would suggest you look in the Nokia forums for a solution.

Once you get your data to the PC, BlackBerry Desktop Manager will help you get your data to the BlackBerry device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you for your replay.

I know how to sync it with my PC but the problem is if I sync my contacts with my PC the contacts will go to outlook and outlook take only one mobile number and will ignore the other saved mobile number saved on my mobile device. For this reason I copied my contacts from Nokia to BB using Bluetooth and I usually do this when I buy new mobile but this time with BB it didn't' work.

The problem is that for example if I have someone has one mobile number saved in my BB and I want to add another mobile number for him, BB will not allow to add more than one mobile number for a single contact.

BB is mostly used by business people and most of the business people have more than one mobile (one for personal use and other for work) how come BB doesn't have this option where we can add two mobile, home or office number.

Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

alkhalaf74 wrote:

I know how to sync it with my PC but the problem is if I sync my contacts with my PC the contacts will go to outlook and outlook take only one mobile number and will ignore the other saved mobile number saved on my mobile device. For this reason I copied my contacts from Nokia to BB using Bluetooth and I usually do this when I buy new mobile but this time with BB it didn't' work.

In your Outlook, you have the option for a second mobile number, or pager. Set the mapping of your second mobile number in you contacts to that field OR made use of the "user-defined field" in Outlook and then sync that to your BlackBerry, making certain that you also "map" that user-defined field for the BlackBerry as well, when you are in the Desktop Manager > Sync > Configuration.

alkhalaf74 wrote:
BB is mostly used by business people and most of the business people have more than one mobile (one for personal use and other for work) how come BB doesn't have this option where we can add two mobile, home or office number.

Actually, "some" business people have more than one mobile, but certainly not "most", if most means greater than 50% of the business person population. Even "many" do, but not most.  

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Airtel

Hello Mr Sanders

I guess we are here not to discuss whether 50% have two cell/mobile phones or not.

We are here to solve the problem of tranfering the contacts from nokia to Blackberry.

You are therefore requested to provide the solution insteading of argrueing.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

kamalgoyal wrote:

Hello Mr Sanders

I guess we are here not to discuss whether 50% have two cell/mobile phones or not.

We are here to solve the problem of tranfering the contacts from nokia to Blackberry.

You are therefore requested to provide the solution insteading of argrueing.

Hello and Welcome to the Forums.

Wow -- that's an interesting response choice. Hopefully it's just a language issue. FYI -- JSanders is a long-term well-respected member of this community -- oh, by the way...also voluntary. Those who spend time here are simply other users, like you, who participate here as volunteers, trying to help out others to the best of their abilities. You don't pay for the support received here...nor do the volunteers receive any payment.

Quite often, there are many representations made that fall into the realm of opinion rather than fact. For the benefit of those who will come across such threads in the future, it is important IMO to present the alternative opinions so that those future readers don't erroneously take as fact something that was opinion.

Lastly -- JSanders actually did provide the answer in his reply just above yours. See the first section, referring to using alternate fields in Outlook to map the additional mobile numbers into. It appears true that the defaults for synchronization do not meet the OPs needs -- hence, overriding those defaults with custom field mappings for synchronization is what is needed. If the OP needs additional assistance to accomplish the task, it would be up to the OP to make such a request.

Peace.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: Airtel

It is very  easy to transfer contacts from Nokia to Blackberry by using Bluetooth if you install Zebrost Phonebook i.e. ZPB + Call Log Software. Its free and user friendly Software.

For full information about Zebrost Software's features you can visit- 

www.zebrost.com

Installation process is also in the website. After installing Zebrost in both the mobiles follow these steps-

1. On Bluetooth in both the mobiles and pair the devices.

2. Open contact list in Zpb and Mark the contacts you want to transfer and if you want to transfer all contacts Mark All Option in Contacts options.

3. Select Send B card option from Contact options.

4. In another mobile, open Zpb and Select Receive B card option from Advanced Options.

All the contacts are transferred   a in minute, Zpb not only allows to transfer numbers but also all the internals of the contacts.

So must install Zpb and take its benefits.

IM
New Contributor
My Device: 8250
My Carrier: Ufone

I've spent two days, reading all the options given by people but the only one that worked for me is below:

Download the latest version of Nokia PC Suite to your computer i think the version is 2.1. Connect your nokia phone to the computer. Syncronize contacts to mircrosoft outlook.

Then instal the blackberry desktop manager software to your computer. On your blackberry handset, then go to contacts, select options, select desktop, change wireless syncronization to "NO", save changes and exit contacts.   

Open BB Desktop manager on your computer. Connect the BB phone to your computer with a cable, select no mass storage mode on the handset. Select outlook profile on your computer if it prompts.

On the computer Select Syncronization,  then select syncronization under the Configure menu listed on the left. Then configure syncronization settings for my desktop program. A new window will open, select adress book, double click it, set application to outlook, click next, select one way sync to device, click next, select outlook profile, click finish. Press ok, ok and return to main  window. Select syncronization, press syncronization button in the centre of the window. Wait for contacts to be transferred to your handset, and you are done.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9650
My Carrier: AIRTEL

Hello i m having same issue like u have if u know how u solved this can u pls tell us ?
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

I tried the sync through pc suit but even pc suit isn't taking all numbers which have same field like I have saved 3 mobile numbers in mobile field it takes only 1 of them. Plz help me how to transfer all contacts. I have about 1200 contacts n its difficult to check each and every contact and edit