Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: EE

Contacts transfer from Sony PC Suite

Hello all, I'm very new here and have just got my first BB today. I have a Torch 9800 I must say it looks and feels very impressive so far.

I need some help please.

My previous fone was a SE Satio and I have all my contacts backed up in PC suite however I didn't have any saved to my Sim Card and my Satio is broken and awaiting repair. Is there anywayI can get my contacts from PC Suite if only to read them and put them in manually to my torch?

I would be very grateful as it could be a while until i can get my Satio back from repair, so that I may be able to get some contacts on to my Sim card. Man Sad

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Contacts transfer from Sony PC Suite

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

To start, you need the RIM Desktop Software:

If you can get your data out of PC Suite, RIM provides the ability to import (into the BB) from ASCII and CSV files. See these KBs:

• KB04312 Create and synchronize with an ASCII export file
  • KB11194 How to import contacts from an CSV file to the BlackBerry device
  • Sorry, but RIM provides no assistance on how to get your data out of your old device and into the ASCII or CSV format...that's a function of your old device.

But, what I actually suggest you do is to use a desktop organizer...choose one from this list of those that are compatible:

• KB12268Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows for synchronization

Then, get your data out of PC Suite and into the new desktop Oranizer and configure the BB to sync with the PIM:

• KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: EE

Many thanks for your time in replying to my problem.

I have BB desktop 6.0 up and running but I'm sorry i'm still confused as to how i can get my .arc file with my contacts to a CSV file???

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I've no idea...as I said, you need to figure out how to use PC Suite to get the data into a format that the RIM software can read (CSV or ASCII). You'd need to be asking that question at some PC Suite support site.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................