Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 1
My Carrier: vodafone

Contacts vanish after sync

[ Edited ]
I did the simple two way sync with my Mac to the BB 9780 and it deleted ALL of my Contacts from my BB. The only ones appearing on my phone now are the Mac address and my address which was in the Mac address book (I didn't have these two on BB before). - I only have the option to do a two-way sync or no sync so there's no way I'd have pressed a wrong button. 

What else is odd is in my recent call log, it shows all the names, but it doesn't show them anywhere else such as in my e-mail or in text messages. They are the way I put them in (i.e.. Mom & Dad, etc.) 

Is there anyway I can get my Contacts back? I'm hoping there somewhere in Bland considering they still appear somewhere.
Please HELP very urgent!
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Contacts vanish after sync

Hello aashraygulati18 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Contacts.

When you initially did the sync, there would have been a pop up regarding the Merge data or Replace data with what is on the Mac. If you did not select Merge but Replace, this would replace your device contacts with those from your Mac.

If you are still seeing names in your Call Logs, possibly your contacts are saved on the SIM card.

On your phone, go to Contacts>Menu>SIM Phone Book to see if you have entries. If so, hit Menu>Copy to Address Book.

Let me know if this helps.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!