Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Contacts

I have added contact numbers to my phone and assume that the numbers are being saved on my sim or the phone it self. About a week ago I took my sim card out to check something and put it back, switch the phone back on then the numbers that I have entered/saved is now gone. Where can I find out where these numbers have been saved. Surely they can't just disappear. I have tried to acces the memory card to see if it is not saved there but I can't even access that, my phone does not have an option to choose from which list I want my numbers to be shown. I see there is a software upgrade available but I am worried that if I do that I might just loose everything on my phone. Please help I am urgently looking for the contact number that I have saved on my phone.....somewhere Smiley Happy
Solutions: 6,377
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contacts

They don't just disappear, and new contacts saved to the BlackBerry be default will save to your device memory in the Address Book. How many contacts do you think you had saved, roughly?

Go to Options > Device > Status.

Press the Menu key > Database sizes.

Scroll down to your Address book data.

What is the number to the right, which will look like 123/56k ?

if that number is 0/0k, you have no contacts saved to the Address Book.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Contacts

I have done what you said and I know of two new numbers I added recently and both of them I can not find in my contact list. The address book - desktop states 374/102.7k I can see all the contacts on my sim card but that is about it.