Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Wind

Contacts

I dropped my blackberry bold 9790 in a pool and it wont work so I am getting a android phone temporarily but I lost all my contacts in my phone book is there any way that I can get them in like a plain text flormat from the back up files that I have son that I can have them back?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Contacts

There used to be some software out there that would do that but it is no longer available. The best thing to do would be to restore that backup file to another BlackBerry. Then sync that BlackBerry with MS Outlook. Once you have them in Outlook you can sync to most any device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

This article should really be helpful for you and guide you along. Use BlackBerry Backup Extractor to extract your data then easily import it to your Android phone.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

It's $25 for that application. I wasn't aware that app existed so it's better than nothing. However, the last time I purchased a similar app the company was gone and out of business after less than a year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

The free version extracts only four records for each category, but I think the paid version well worths the money. @similar app out of business - the app is on the market for some time and the main company deals mainly with extracting data software, I see they have iPhone Backup Extractor and DMG Extractor too, so fingers crossed.Smiley Happy