Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Contacts

I have transferred all of my contacts from outlook to my bold. They appear when I am composing an email and I can pick form the long list of contacts I have. However, when I open my contact icon there is nothing there. Any ideas. Thanks, Gayle
Developer
My Device: 9000

Re: Contacts

askgayle wrote:
I have transferred all of my contacts from outlook to my bold. They appear when I am composing an email and I can pick form the long list of contacts I have. However, when I open my contact icon there is nothing there. Any ideas. Thanks, Gayle

Hi Askgayle;

Have you tried to view the catagory feature in the address book options? ADDRESS BOOK / OPTIONS / FILTER

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Right if you have anything checked in Filter just uncheck it.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.

Hi ,

I'm trying to get my Bold to sync with Outlook 2000 Contacts and can't do it. Can you tell me the steps that you took to do it ? Been trying for ages and it only gives me ASCII, Yahoo and Outlook Express to sync with. Thanks.

Contributor

You can't sync with Outlook 2000 --- the minimal requirement for the current Blackberry's is Outlook 2002 or higher.

The only way people have been able to sync with Outlook 2000 has been by removing desktop manager and seeking out old editions of desktop manager --

But you can't do that with the Bold, since it won't sync with the older versions of desktop manager.

In short, the answer is, you can't.