Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive.

I have the same problem with my curve 9360 but the 3 steps given above doesn't work for me.A lot of battery pulls,sending of service books but of no use.Please help!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

susheel10 wrote:
I have the same problem with my curve 9360 but the 3 steps given above doesn't work for me.A lot of battery pulls,sending of service books but of no use.Please help!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, you only talk specifically about doing 2 of the 3 steps, and you talk about them in the wrong order. So, I can't really tell what you have attempted...and therefore have no way to know if you've attempted them EXACTLY as instructed above. For it is doing them exactly as instructed that is recommended...no variations. Plus, steps 1 and 2 2 and 3 should result in messages coming to your BB (which you MUST wait for before proceeding to the next step)...do you receive those?

Also, the above posts further ask about BES restrictions...have you checked into that?

And have you contacted your mobile service provider? You pay them for your services, so if you are entitled to something that they are not delivering, you should also be working with them for formal support.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Guruji,A lot of thanks for your reply.Well I am new to blackberry and don't know much about it.I am not even aware of what a BES corporate user is.I just walked into the store and bought it.Talking about the problem,I got messages after steps 1 and 2.In step 1,I clicked on 'register now' in the host routing table and received a message after that.Then I received the settings properly in my phone.Actually, I talked to the customer care executives earlier but every time they said clear cache,history etc.After that they sent settings of service books.This thing occurs every time I call them.I asked one of them to tell APN username and password and he told me to leave them blank.After that I came to this forum and tried the steps.Oh sorry,coming back to the point 3rd step is just so simple. I pulled out the battery while the phone was on and plugged it back after 2 minutes.I switched to youtube after 20 minutes and no improvement.Sometimes it plays video(that too with worst picture quality) and sometimes "Content not available.server Is blocked or unresponsive".Feels like a tasteless berry.I would love to receive suggestions from you again.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi again,

First...apologies for an error in my above post...I have corrected it (strikeout showing what was wrong, new text with the correct data).

susheel10 wrote:
Guruji,A lot of thanks for your reply.Well I am new to blackberry and don't know much about it.I am not even aware of what a BES corporate user is.I just walked into the store and bought it.

A BES corporate user is someone who has more enhanced services than consumer-level services. BES users can, in addition to all BIS services, receive Over The Air (OTA) calendar, contact, and other data reconciled to their corporate Exchange/Notes/etc. server. Consumer users can only receive email OTA. You have much to review, so I suggest the following as a start:

So, if the "store" is reputable and did not sell you a used BB, then it is unlikely that the BB was previously part of a BES environment (and, therefore, if not properly cleansed, remains with a latent IT Policy that may be blocking services). Not impossible, mind you...we've had reports on these forums of folks thinking they were buying a completely new BB yet it had a latent BES IT Policy on it that was restricting some of their expected services.

susheel10 wrote:
Talking about the problem,I got messages after steps 1 and 2.In step 1,I clicked on 'register now' in the host routing table and received a message after that.Then I received the settings properly in my phone.Actually, I talked to the customer care executives earlier but every time they said clear cache,history etc.After that they sent settings of service books.This thing occurs every time I call them.

So, for step 2 (Service Books), you have only had them send those? And they arrived properly onto your BB?

susheel10 wrote:
I asked one of them to tell APN username and password and he told me to leave them blank.

Completely normal on many carriers.

susheel10 wrote:
Oh sorry,coming back to the point 3rd step is just so simple. I pulled out the battery while the phone was on and plugged it back after 2 minutes.

Yes, it is a simple step...nevertheless, crucial to the process.

susheel10 wrote:
I switched to youtube after 20 minutes and no improvement.Sometimes it plays video(that too with worst picture quality) and sometimes "Content not available.server Is blocked or unresponsive".

If (and only IF) you have indeed conducted all of the steps in order and the result remains this, then I would suspect that the shop possibly sold you a BB that has a latent IT Policy. Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to be able to tell 100% if that is the case by looking at certain things on your BB. If a policy is in place, you can see it on some screens...but that is not 100% accurate...there are some IT Policies that are completely stealth and cannot be seen on any of the BB screens. As such, it's impossible to know for certain if a latent IT Policy is on board or not.

susheel10 wrote:
Feels like a tasteless berry.

Seems rather early, IMHO, to make such a judgment. But, to each his own.

susheel10 wrote:
I would love to receive suggestions from you again.

I suggest you take it back to the shop from which you purchased it. I further suggest that, if you do decide to call them again, that you not let them off the hook so easily. After all, you pay them for your services...and they are not delivering them to you.

There are procedures to remove a latent IT Policy, even if it is fully stealth. But, given how new your BB is, I recommend that you go back to them and make them correct the problems.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

I bought this phone a month ago and the problem occured 2 weeks after that.Everything else is working fine.I do not know much about latent IT policy.Though I bought this phone from a reputed store and I don't think he would do this to me.Still you never know!So what would you suggest me now?Should I go back to the store?
Hall of Famer III

susheel10 wrote:
So what would you suggest me now?Should I go back to the store?

Ummm...I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I already recommended in my post above. Let me re-read...yup, that's exactly what I said up there...

Good luck!

Contributor

Yes.Now I am gonna do that.Thanks for your help!
Contributor

I took my phone to the store owner and he told me that there should be no problem with the phone.He asked me to speak to the customer care executive about it..I decided to that.

But i preffered to go through the youtube app again.Ther I got the problem.It's kind of a silly one.The location in the settings was set to UK.I changed it to INDIA.And Problem Solved!!!!!!

.Thanks to sdgarne for your patience and support....I am loving this forum...

My Device: curve
My Carrier: not sure

Jheezz!!!! Hi I have tried all 3 steps just like you have said. Step one did that got a message saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network" step two did that got 3 messages sayin my 3 emails accounts are set up. Then I took my battery out waited over 5 min turned my phone back on again and still no joy!
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

jenks91 wrote:
Jheezz!!!! Hi I have tried all 3 steps just like you have said. Step one did that got a message saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network" step two did that got 3 messages sayin my 3 emails accounts are set up. Then I took my battery out waited over 5 min turned my phone back on again and still no joy!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, there is a lot more than just those three steps in this post...please read through everything and see if any that is already posted applies to your situation.

Thanks and let us know!