Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Continual Rebooting

Greetings--Just rec'd a used 8820 last night, downloaded v4.5 software, and phone was working fine. Now, after working with the folks at AT&T, I put the battery back in, and the phone won't turn on completely; the hourglass just keeps appearing, the screen goes to black, and the LED light in the top right corner blinks red. Anyone know how to reboot/reset this device? Thanks--Kevin
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Continual Rebooting

Use JL_cmder to wipe your device OS. Click this link for details. and reinstall the device OS again. Also remove the media card from the device. For OS installation follow the below steps.

For OS upgrade by installing device OS in the PC -

Step #1

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer.

Step#2

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  3. Double-click Backup and Restore.
  4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
  5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.

Step#4

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Double-click the Application Loader icon.
  3. Click Next to start the installation process.
  4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
  5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
  6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
  9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
  10. Click Next > Finish.
  11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Thank-you. I will do this once I get home and will let you know how it goes.
New Contributor

Hello--I cannot download the wiper file. I couldn't log onto the new page that came up w/the link on it. Any suggestions?
New Contributor

Bringing this back up. Could not login to the "wiping file" link last nite using my current login/password. Does anyone know if this an error that needs to be fixed? Anywhere else where this file can be found? Pls advise.
New Contributor

Well, attempted this several times last night. Unfortunately, there aren't really any "instructions" as to how to wipe the phone w/the JL_cmder utility. The times that I thought that it had worked, the manager tried to reload the OS, but there were a few fatal errors, so went back and tried to run the wiper program again.

I had the same issue after upgrading the OS to 4.5.xxx. Worked fine while I was using it, but when I set it aside and the screen went dark it would go into a continual reboot cycle. I removed the 2G media card and the problem stopped. I wiped all the files on the card and reinserted it and it still works just fine. Hope that works for you. 

New Contributor

Hello--I don't have any type of media card in the phone. I also cannot get back to the point where I actually "wipe" the phone clean.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Try installing the software following this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03621&sliceId=1&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.