Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Continuous Hour Glass

Hi -

I have had my BB for about a month now.  Everything has been wonderful until while browsing the web last night, I all of a sudden got an hour glass, followed by the message, "a problem has occurred while trying to render the page".  I closed the connections and tried again, going to the home page.  The word Blackberry appeared and then the hour glass followed by the message again.  So, I plugged it in for the night and figured it would be fine this morning.  Well, the same thing is happening.  If I go to the menu and "go to", the hour glass just starts up again and I can't do a thing on the internet browser.  My email is coming in fine and the phone works, etc.  It appears to be just affecting the browser.  Would you be able to help?  Is this common or is there something wrong with the device?

I'm off to work, but will try to access this website from my school computer to check for solutions.  Any help you may be able to give would be greatly appreciated!

Sdodge

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Continuous Hour Glass

You may be running low on memory. Although I would assume this would affect everything and not just your browser. Try this. Click on options and then on status. Write down your file free and you file total. Then if you can click on your browser at all. Try to then click the berry key and select options then select cache operations and click clear for each option. Then hit the back key and it will say cleaning memory. Then delete any emails of texts that you don't need also get rid of any third party appd you don't use. THEN, pull out your battery with the phone ON. Leave it out for 30 seconds and put it back in. Let the phone reboot. 1-3 minutes is normal. Then go back to options and to status and write down the new numbers for file free and file total. Please send us these numbers and we will go from there. Best of luck.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you so much!!  Problem is solved!!  Pulling the battery, waiting 30 seconds, and replacing it seemed to get the internet browser/BB homepage back up and running.  Your help is greatly appreciated!!

SD

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

SM dodge,

If it was related to memory, this condition will come back, please write back and let us show you some information.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter