Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Contract on old PAYG Number

Hello all.

My daughter recently set me up with a Blackberry on a monthly contract that allows free texts, minutes, internet etc. At the moment, I'm using my old PAYG SIM card as I've had that number for a long time and don't want to change it.

I can't access the internet or anything that is being paid for while I'm still using that SIM (I've effectively got a PAYG phone), but is there any way I can switch the contract I have to a different number?

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9310
My Carrier: Boostmobile

Re: Contract on old PAYG Number

Did you call your new provider and ask if they can port your old number to your new phone? I did this with tmobile once but it took a day or so for the change. I had to use the new number until the old one was transferred.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Thanks. I'll give that a go and brace myself for the terrors of O2 Customer Service.

Is is still porting if it's from O2 to O2? I'm still on the same provider, just a different number.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9310
My Carrier: Boostmobile

Yes that was the same thing I did with tmobile. I asked them if they can transfer the old number to the new sim. Like I said it took a day or so but they did.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I agree with KWSN's solution.  O2 can do anything you need in this respect, as long as you'll remain a customer of theirs.  Switching from a PAYG to a contract should be no problem for them.

Give them a ring and you'll be up and running in no time.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.