Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: SK Telecom

Copies of emails I send from my BlackBerry not left on server (after I switched to a newer BlackBerry)

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I have a Bold 9900 and have it linked to my Hotmail Live webmail (not Outlook).  When I reply to emails from my BlackBerry, copies of sent emails aren't saved in my Hotamail Live's Sent box.

It used to work fine when I had an older BlackBerry model (forget which one).  But when I realized that Bold 9900 was available, I switched to it about a week later.  Ever since, this problem happened.

I've read just about all the help available on the subject, including this forum, documents, and elsewhere but can't fix it.  So I'm sorry if this message is similar to many others already on the forum.

Among the things I've tried were:

1.  Sending a copy to my email server on BB email setup option (already set up as default)

2.  Sending a BCC to my email server on BB email setup option

3.  Deleting the Hotmail Live account from my BB and re-installing it and going through the setup again

4.  Logging into the BlackBerry Internet site from my desktop with my BlackBerry ID to see if this ID was still associated with the old BB I had (but this personal BB internet account doesn't show any such menu - associating my BlackBerry ID with BlackBerry device)

Also, there doesn't seem to be Advanced tab within Hotmail Live anywhere after right-clicking the mouse in every possible location (it just shows General tab) so I can't instruct Hotmail Live to leave messages on the server.

My mobile carrier is SKT Telecom which a document says doesn't support MSN mobile protocol (or something to that effect) due to language restrictions but this was working fine with my older BlackBerry.

Short of visiting a dealership (which I think I'll have to do anyway), does anyone have an idea how this can be fixed?  I'm starting to think it may have something to do with the SIM card or something similar.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Copies of emails I send from my BlackBerry not left on server (after I switched to a newer BlackBerry)

please read this article from the public knowledge base:

KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

specifically, at the end of the article is a link to another KB article, about MSN MSP.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: