Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000
Accepted Solution

Copy Mulitple Contacts to Sim Card

Hey Everyone,

Sorry been out of the loop form the Blackberry Online World for a little while.. Had a bit of a lockdown on sites... Not to worry...

I thought I'd test you all and see how far the technology has come since my last post.

Is there an application yet to enable more than one contact to be copied to the sim card at the same time?

Or an update in the software?

I now carry 3 devices with me (No, not all Blackberry's Smiley Sad  ) and the sim gets rotated around. The contacts I need are all in my Storm, and I can't get them to the sim still unless I do one at a time.

I've just done some searching, but all the articles are from 2008 so hoping there's something new on the market to fix this, other than syncing to desktop manager as I don't have outlook or any mail system installed onto my pc, nor do I want desktop manager Smiley Happy

Please help fellow friends..

Becky

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Copy Mulitple Contacts to Sim Card

Hey bumblepie,

There's nothing updated on that which I know of... still one at a time.

If there is something I've missed, hopefully someone will post.

I think I'd lose the other two devices ;-) if they aren't sophisticated enough handle a full Address Book.

Not knowing the other devices, could they handle something like Google Contacts sync, and you move all your contacts to that application so you can sync back to each device?

Where I'm headed... what common denominator of an application or service do all three have in common? You said you don't use Outlook, but if you did, could all three devices sync to Outlook?

Good to hear from you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III

Heheheh Thanks Joey for the response.

I have an 8800 which is on the BES for work, hence the outlook it synced to my work email, and I can't sync my personal devices to it, because I really don't want work work data on my storm.

Plus, I might be handing back the work phone soon anyway (Fingers crossed on a new job)..

So I still have my trusty sturdy Storm, with all my beloved games, apps and contacts. But the screen is no longer... ummm.. touchy as it should be, I still keep it wrapped in a case and treat it like gold, but with no bb data enabled on the sim (Can't do it on prepaid yet here), its a little bit pointless, but albeit, I love using it as a phone.

However... I also have an iphone (Please don't shoot me)... No I didn't pay for it, and I hate the entire contents of it, except for one thing... the facebook app.....

So my story line is, I move my pesonal sim between the storm and iphone all day...

Now, here's where you may be able to help me. Can I put my work data sim in the storm download a gmail sync client, then it will sync my contacts ota? But then, it wouldn't match with the iphone anyway..

I think the easiest solution would be to just install outlook on a mates pc or old laptop, sync contacts via dtm, then use itunes to sync back to the iphone and visa versa...

Its just a pain when I have the sim briefly in the iphone and someone calls, or texts, I have no idea who it is.. I'll keep a look out for the mulitple copy sim move.. someone out there will invent the app for me..

Thanks Again J!

Woman Wink

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yep, good luck.

I'll keep my ears open.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III

It's ok, I manually did it via dtm..

I'm making a special box now to host the final resting place of my beloved Storm.

The touch screen stopped being a touch screen.. Time to say goodbye

Woman Sad

OR
~Gday from Down Under~