Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630, Storm 9530 (as MP3 playback device only)
My Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Accepted Solution

Copy a Company Contact

[ Edited ]

The duplication of a Company Contact for a different person at the same Company should be possible ... I'd think - which the BB Tour's Help function does not address (only minor changes to an existing Company Contact individual would be required to create a separate Contact for a different individual at the same Company, ie., the new individual's name, a couple of  phone ext. # changes and a couple of e-mail address field changes ... all else is identical to the original Contact).

I searched here for the Subject text (got 0 results), then, took out 'Company' (this time I got 30 results), however, nothing jumped out at me as an appropriate answer.

Can what I'm trying to do be done?

Or, does everything have to be re-entered (or C & P'd) in(to) a new Contact form?

Thanks, FFF

Contributor

Re: Copy a Company Contact

bump ...

Contributor

bump ...

Contributor

bump ...

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

There is no function, on the BB, to copy an entire contact item to a new item, and then make modifications thereto. But, if you are synchronizing to a Desktop PIM (e.g., Outlook), then that's a simple matter indeed!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thank you sdgardne ... you have proven to be most helpful around here ... and I do appreciate it.

I will examine the process of selectively transferring Contacts from Outlook 2000 (I know, I know, it's old news!) to the BB Tour and go from there, vis-a-vis 'synchronizing' ... perhaps once I've figured out how to add Contacts one by one, and / or, in selective groups, from Outlook 2000 to the Tour, I can just do the mods in Outlook 2000 and transfer.

FFF

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

If you are going to use OL2K, then you need further this reference:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Oh wait...that's no help for I do not see OL2K at all...but, if you need, here is one place to obtain older Desktop Software versions:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................