Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Copying contacts from phone to sim card

how do you back up your contacts from your phone to the SIM card with out retyping them or do them one by one??
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Copying contacts from phone to Simi card

Hi and welcome to the forums!

According to the manual, it's a one at a time procedure, page 225.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/2970/userguide_bb9000_umts.pdf

Thanks

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Re: Copying contacts from phone to sim card

That proceedure is 1-by-1. Is there not a way to copy all? I had all my contacts from my old phone on the SIM. I put the old SIM into the BB and it immediately recognized that there were contacts and it asked my if I wanted to copy them to the BB, which I did. Took seconds. Now I want to do the same thing in reverse, copy ALL the contacts now in the BB's memory to the new SIM.
Visitor

Download the Blackberry Desktop Software v4.7.  You'll be able to sync your contacts including email from one blackberry to another.  You can also manually move your media files over to your computer acting as a hub to transfer those files.
My Device: blackberry 8830

its very strange that blackberry does not have this basic functionality of copying all contacts from SIM card to phone and vice versa....really very disappointed ...this is what is present in 15 dollar nokia set

My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: o2 uk

i tried copying my sim card contacts on my blackberry torch but it keeps just showing loading and nothing happens everytime and to use set up againa i have to restart the phone . any chance of copy my contacts?

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

Are you serious? No simple solution?

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: aed 900

how do you back up your contacts from your phone to the SIM card with out retyping them or do them one by one?
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: Zain

I have 529 contacts on my BB some of which are on the sim card and others in memory.  I do not want to do a 529 manual copy to sim and wondering if there is a better way doing.  I have 2 hones and I used the NOKIA phone when my BB lost power but could not find my contacts as it still in BB...

Has there been any effort to make this easier?

Super Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

I too am amazed that Blackberry software on the phone lets you copy ALL from SIM to phone - but not the other way around.

It's a bit bizarre.

Is there a quick answer if you have 529 contacts - and don't have a computer?  My friend about over 100 contacts and at the moment has no PC. 

Must she do 100+ manually???