Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Corporate IT supports older model Blackberry but not the Bold

I recently received an email from our corporate IT department saying not to buy the Bold because they will not support it.  A few days before this email my new Bold arrived and now I have not had a chance to activate the new Bold.   Clearly, if I have problems my IT department covered themselves.

But for simple things like my Lotus Notes into the Blackberry what are the differences.  My company only cares about Lotus Notes for email, contacts and calendar applications.

Should I proceed with the new Bold Activation anticipating no major problems?  What have others experienced in switching from older models to the new Bold in activation.  My service provider is ATT.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Corporate IT supports older model Blackberry but not the Bold

Sounds a lot like the company I work for. I can't speak for your IT department, but we always delay new devices until some compatability testing can be done. For a new model like the Bold or Storm it will take about 1 month to test it and get it into the orderig system. The delay is shorter for variations of approved models.

With that being said, we have never had a issue with a new device having an adverse effect on our server. Usually 1 or 2 slip thru and unless someone specifically tells us that they have the new device we don't know (or check).

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Corporate IT supports older model Blackberry but not the Bold

I have been asked to create a testing or assessment sheet for new blackberry in a corporate enviroment.  Can you give me some idea as to the different things I should have included in this.  Being we are a Notes shop I know to test the BES e-mail and Sametime speeds.  I am a little behind on the BB technology the last one I worked with was a 7520 so any ideas on compatability testing for new devices would be great.