Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: At&T

Corrupted file

My BB Torch needs rebooting frequently, and when it comes back "on", it tells me that the backup file is corrupted.  I don't have any idea how to fix this.  Can you help?  Thank you.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Corrupted file

Hey jeanobeanopastor,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest creating a full backup of your data: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33505

Then proceed with following the steps in this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

Then test the performance of the BlackBerry Torch smartphone prior to restoring any data.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Torch - 9810
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

I have this same problem with my torch.  I already did what you recommended and it is still happening.  Any other ideas?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

I also have this problem.

I followed your instructions but still get the message

"The backup file is corrupt. If possible, create another backup file and try again, or chose another restore option."

None of these solutions work. I wound up wiping clean all of my data at one point, to no avail. I still get the corrupt file message with many freezes, and error messages about deleting apps.  At this point I have little to no apps on my phone because I have deleted them all, but the phone still freezes.

I am getting tired of re-setting up my phone every time I  try to fix it, only to find I wa unsuccessful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. About ready to throw it away an buy a "disposable" Smart phone.... hate to though because I really like this one.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Never mind. I visit a response by iansantos who told me to delete BBM and it seems to have worked! Smiley Happy