Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Could not lcoate the Microsoft Entourage Office Synchronization Tool

I have gone through the posting history and seen this error documented and resolved, but the solutions did not work for me; so I thought I'd lay out my situation to see if anyone could address the issue.

I have a Blackberry Curve (8300) and I am trying to synchronize it with my MacBook Pro, running OS X ver 10.4.11. I am trying to synch with Microsoft Entourage in Office 2008 for Mac.

As recommended in past postings, I have updated to PocketMac ver 4.1.25 and updated the drivers to ver 3.1.3B. This is the latest software on the Blackberry site, and these versions are claimed to address issues with Entourage 2008. I restarted my computer after doing the installations. I also pulled the battery out of my Blackberry and put it back in to reboot the Blackberry.

I have also set my Blackberry and computer to the same timezone as stated in the PocketMac release notes, and I have tried synching with Entourage running and not running, and I have also tried synching with my Blackberry in Mass Storage Mode and not in Mass Storage Mode. With all this, I still get the Synchronization Tool error.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I sure would appreciate the help.

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Could not lcoate the Microsoft Entourage Office Synchronization Tool

Ahah! I figured out the solution. First of all, thank you to all the people who read my message and at least considered my problem.

My error was that I had opted to sync with EntourageContacts, Calendar, etc. instead of Entourage2008Contacts, 2008Calendar, etc. Apparently there is a difference. For me, I didn't see the 2008 option because the window size was small and I needed to scroll to get to the 2008 option. Bonehead move, but I'm glad it's fixed, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done this. Watch out for it.

Thanks again