Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 5 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Cracked lock pad & auto dialing

I have been using Blackberry for almost 5 years now and kept upgrading self with time now proud possessor of Bold 5 9790 from last 8 months.

Recently it developed a hair line crack at the lock key on the top now that I love my Phone I have to get it fixed; was keen in understanding is it possible to get it done and where and how much is it going to cost me in India.

Other issue is if my phone does not like me talking to certain people whom I have called or received a call, it will automatically put him on hold and dial another alternate number from my contact list which I hope you can understand is supper annoying and the only way out of it is to disconnect and call again ensuring I lock the touch screen by pressing lock and leaving me wonder what reasoning am I going to give for putting the call on hold without saying any thing and to the second caller for why I made a call. With time it costs money as well...........

Now this Supernatural phenomena is beyond my understanding. With friends its fine but when its business and if this happens twice during the conversation it is a serious loss to me and my organization.

Also suggest what shell I do for phone turning into microwave oven if the conversation exceeds 5 min.

Will request suggestions to resolve the issues and if nothing works out I will have to say good bye to blackberry the way I did to Nokia in 2007.

Thanks 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 0

Re: Cracked lock pad & auto dialing

you can replace the outer casing pretty easily if you are slightly technical. if you arent, then you need to find someone who can do it for you but its not a big deal
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 5 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Cracked lock pad & auto dialing

That's Perfect !! Thanks for your advise.