Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Created folders are "empty"

I recently downloaded a theme and when I did there were a lot of icons on my home screen that I didn't want there because I hardly use them. Anyway I created a folders called "extras" and a folder called "games' when I click on the folder there are no icons on the screen. It says options on the bottom just above the trackball but there is no way to click it. If I hit the red hang up key the icons appear for less than a second then it goes back to my home screen.  How do I access these icons? Also if I changed from say one Dimension theme to another dimension theme will it all be the same as I had it just with different icons or does it go back to the default view. And say I was using a red theme and had everything set the way I wanted and then I chose to use a green theme when I went back to the red theme will it be as I left it or will I  have to adjust it to my liking again? Sorry this is so long this is my first blackberry and I need ALOT of help. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also if what I am trying to ask is confusing please let me know and I will be more than happy to explain further. Thanks!
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Forums Advisor III

Re: Created folders are "empty"

So I answered two of my own questions. No one dimension theme will not be in the same order as another dimension theme and YES once you change themes and then go back to another one all is how you left it. But that still leaves me with the problem of getting access to my apps. As I said before the custom folders I made appear to be empty except when you hit the red hang up key and they appear for less than a second. How do I gain access to them?
My Device: Not Specified

I'm a newbie and have the same issue with newly created folders being empty have being created.  They seemed to work fine until I went to another theme.  Now none of the Themes' folders show the icons.  Also instead of showing the name of the folder at the bottom it shows "Options".  Also, if you hit the end call button you can see the icons for a split second.  Any ideas?

Curve 8310

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III

That was EXACTLY my problem. But just give your phone a soft reset. That is pull out your battery with the phone on. Leave it out for 30 seconds and then put it back in. Your phone will automatically come back on and reload. It may take a few minutes to come on that is normal. My folders have worked perfectly since. But remember if you are using theme A and create a game folder and put Brick Breaker in it when you switch to theme B you will have to create the folders again and move your icons again. BUT if you go back to theme A all is how you left it. Just remember you have to customize each theme individuallly. Please let me know If it works out for you! And if I can be of any further help please let me know.