Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Creating Multiple Contact Lists

I want to create multiple contact lists on my Torch so I can have one list of active clients and another list of inactive clients.  How do I create the lists and move the contacts between the lists?

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Creating Multiple Contact Lists

[ Edited ]

Categories may help you while you maintain one contact list.  If you go to edit any contact, scroll to Categories and chooe edit.  Hit the menu Button and choose New.   Name it Inactive.  You can create another category called Active.

For each contact edit it and choose a category to place them in.  When you go to your main contact list, hit the menu button and choose filter.  Choose which category you want to display.  Going forward you can edit any contact category and use the filter option to display the information you want.  Hope this helps!  I don't know of a way to have a separate contact list.

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you!
If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!
Every BlackBerry should have BlackBerry Protect, get it now! | Follow me on Twitter | Bring Back BBM Music!