Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: TMobile

Creating calendar entry directly in BB uses gmail id?

I sync my gmail calendar with my BB calendar using google sync. And I have my gmail emails delivered to my BB via BIS from tmo. That is the only email I get on my BB.

My question is:

Whenever I go into my blackberry calendar and I want to create a new entry such as an appnt why does it create the entry using my gmail id. The 'Send using' at the top of the appnt will always show gmail id.

Does the entry have to be linked to some email id? Can it not just link the appnts that I create directly into my BB calendar 'using device calendar'.

And then I would expect the device created entries show up in a diff color that gmail calendar entries and googlesync syncs it in the same way (diff color).

Secondly, I started to sync my work calendar from lotus notes using desktop manager via USB /bluetooth and all of it works fine Again the only problem is that it creates entries in BB calendar using gmail id. So all calendar entries whether from gmail/device/lotus notes show up in same color on the device. I want all of them to be created differently so that they can show up as diff types of calendars and I can filter them easily.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS; PlayBook w/OS
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Creating calendar entry directly in BB uses gmail id?

If an email account is setup on the BB then the calendar will always link to the email address.  You don't have to send it to anyone but it's still linked just in case.

You can assign each calendar account a different color on the device but those colors are only to distinguish between different accounts on the device.  The colors do not sync to google or any other PIM application.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: TMobile

Re: Creating calendar entry directly in BB uses gmail id?

Ok, I understand it now.. How the calendar entry works in terms of synching with notes..But it does not help me in the scenario I am in.

I guess it should have a facility to add entries in BB without using email address... Does it makes sense.....!!!

Another problem I am seeing is that since I also have Google sync between Google calendar and BB cal. And since all notes entries are using gmail id. Now Google sync says ' Another sync client has been adding events to the BB calendar. To avoid duplicates Google Sync will not keep these events up to date'.

I would actually love it if my notes entries gets added to BB cal without email id (just as plain device cal entry) so that in BB cal I can see them in diff colors. And then Google sync actually syncs these entries also to my Google calendar. They may or may not have a diff color in there (I don't care). Just all entries should be there in BB cal (in diff color) and Google cal (in diff color if possible).

Does it makes sense...