Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: orange botswana

Cursor/Trackpad problem TORCH 9810

The cursor on my Torch 9810 has disappeared. No matter how much I try to rub the 'trackball/trackpad' the cursor just won't reappear.

I removed the battery, waited about 2 mins, reinserted it, but the problem persists!

Please help! What shud I do? A lot of aplications depend on the trackpad and cursor so I'm really in need of assistance.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Cursor/Trackpad problem TORCH 9810

Hi myleemok

If a Battery pull is unable to resolve your trackpad issue, you can try a few things like Start your device on safe mode and uninstall any new application you think might be responsible for this issue and do a backup of your device :

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode.

Or if you have a backup of your device then  Reload of your device Software to rule out any software issue :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Please try it and see if that help or you have to visit your service provider for further help. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: orange botswana

The problem still persists. I deleted a number of apps. I don't have acces to a PC so am not able to use desktop softwae.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi myleemok

Have you start your device on safe mode to see if that helps ? As an last option you may have to reload your Device OS but for that a PC ! You have to arrange that in order to Reload your OS .Sorry.

Or else you can visit your Service Provider they can do it for you .                    

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.