Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Cursor and video problems

Hi,

I cannot control my cursor nor play videos.  Is this a problem for others?  I'm trying to decide if I should return my Storm due to these problems.

Thanks, Liz

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: Cursor and video problems

try a battery pull.  remove battery for 15 seconds then replace.

if this doesnt solve the issue, please go into more detail about your issues.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Jeff,

I think I solved the cursor problem by reading other people's entries.  However, the video problem persists, and I have taken the battery out many times previously.  Blackberry and Verizon technical support were not able to help me.

Liz

Solution:  By the way, the answer to the cursor problem is to tap the screen lightly without pushing it and hold for 3 seconds before the cursor appears.  I was not waiting for 3 seconds which is key.

Liz

Message Edited by Liz2009 on 02-03-2009 06:39 AM
Forums Advisor III

what is the video problem?

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

New Contributor

I cannot view videos on the web.  I also cannot view videos that I take with the Storm on the device.  I can view the videos that I take with the device on the computer after I sync it.
Forums Advisor III

Liz2009 wrote:
I cannot view videos on the web.  I also cannot view videos that I take with the Storm on the device.  I can view the videos that I take with the device on the computer after I sync it.

1.  the storm doesnt support streaming video at this time, may in the future, but not sure.

2.  this may be a software issue with the storm.  what os are you running?

New Contributor

v4.7

Blackberry told me that I should be able to view videos, and that a fix should be coming out.  I am able to play the sample video that was loaded onto my new phone at the factory...it looks great.

Forums Advisor III

Liz2009 wrote:

v4.7

Blackberry told me that I should be able to view videos, and that a fix should be coming out.  I am able to play the sample video that was loaded onto my new phone at the factory...it looks great.

ok, if your wanting to put videos on your storm from dvd, or videos you've downloaded, you'll need a program called handbrake (just google it) its free.

the video needs to be in mp4 format and 480x360 screen size.

New Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for all the help you gave me about my Storm last night.  I will try your solution about the videos....another thing to learn!  I hope that Blackberry will add the video streaming feature to the existing Storm.  I guess I mistakenly thought it had that already.  Hopefully by adding the program you mention, I will be able to view videos that I take with the Storm for preview.

Take care,

Liz