Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: Mobinil

Curve 3G Error 76

[ Edited ]

Hello Guys,

I have a Curve 3G 9300  running OS 5 , a couple of days ago I was trying to edit a contact, once I pressed edit my mobile froze and the message shown in the the attached picture popped up, and since then I can't edit existing contacts nor can I save new ones. 

edit: for some reason the picture isn't showing, however the message says: "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_phone_app (76) is not responding; process terminated"

I tried battery resetting for a couple of hours and nothing happened.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Gemy

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Curve 3G Error 76

Hey PathfinderGem,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I can definitely help you out.

To fix the uncaught exception error you are receiving, you will need to backup your data through

BlackBerry® Desktop Software and then perform a clean reload of the device software.

Follow all the steps in this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: wind

Hello

I am having more or less the same problem, and I hope someone can help me. I have purchased my 9700 two days ago, and everything worked just fine, did the switch from 8100, synced outlook, all great with desktop manager 7. But I tried to sync organizer again today, and it gets stuck when it updates the blackberry address book data. I ve tried hard start ups and system shut downs, uninstalled and reinstalled desktop manager, and I tried to follow the solution posted here, but there is no option "view other versions" in the dialog box , but only an "email me when there are other versions available option".

I am on windows 7, 64bit, and using outlook 2010.

Is there a fix to "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_phone_app (76)?

Any would be help appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!

Contributor

also I tried an over the air update, but it says "no updates available"... To tell you the truth the error message has stopped appeariing (uncaught exception...76)... but still cant sync....

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey alxberry,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

To resolve this issue you will need to create a backup of your data and perform a clean reload of the device software then only restore essential data (contacts, calendar, Bluetooth settings). www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320 or www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19915

Now if BlackBerry Desktop Software does not show any versions of software are available, you may need to download the device software from here:

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello again Vicious Ferret, and thank you very much for your answer. I have done what you said, but still no luck with the sync. What I did was (after backing up of course), performed security wipe, and reloaded the os following the instructions. Then, before restoring data, I tried a one way sync, only to device, which didnt work as it hung at 25 out of 165 records - which is always the case. Then I decided to restore data and try a 2way synch, which had the same result... So I figured it must be something with my address book or sth so, I went to contacts options typed rset and had an empty address book. Tried to sync, (basically dm said it would add 165 records to my device) , and the process hung again at exactly 25 out of 165, for about an hour. Having done hours of research about this, I ve decided to just let it progress for 2-3 hours. (been waiting for an hour now). If this fails, i dont know what else to do... but I am starting to think theres something with the DM thats causing this... All other sync options (calendar, memos, tasks) work just fine.

Is there a way I can download an earlier version of DM? I cannot find a link to it that works so if you please know something about this, do let me know.

Thanx again... I ll keep trying and if I find a solution, I will post it under here.

p.s. I ve read that shrinking is essential before reloading os? is that really necessary? I didnt do that..

Contributor

i found the solution posted in an earlier thread

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Snycing-Blackberry-Bold-9700-with-Contacts-Li...

Export contacts to xl - identify the problematic one and delete. so simple...

Now everything works fine.

Cheers