Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: Digicel Jm

Curve 8310 Dead

My Curve 8320 is totally dead and its not been detected by DM when i put the battery in there

is the continous red light then it begins to blink... Help with this please.....

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Curve 8310 Dead

Hi jay,

Please pull out battery & plug your device with charger, with in 2 to 3 mins you will get a no battery sign on your device, then insert battery without removing charger.

YOur handheld wil boot up in 4 to 5 mins.

Good luck..!

Contributor

unleashurself wrote:

Hi jay,

Please pull out battery & plug your device with charger, with in 2 to 3 mins you will get a no battery sign on your device, then insert battery without removing charger.

YOur handheld wil boot up in 4 to 5 mins.

Good luck..!

this method did not work its still acting the same way when i tried it

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Hello,

I had to leave my 8520 overnight for it boot up using the method, Unleashurself mentioned.

Good chance it may work, and if it does don't ever let it drain down to where it reaches it orange on battery meter.

Cheers
Contributor

f0xx386 wrote:
Hello,

I had to leave my 8520 overnight for it boot up using the method, Unleashurself mentioned.

Good chance it may work, and if it does don't ever let it drain down to where it reaches it orange on battery meter.

Cheers

i did it last night and no difference 

Contributor

8310 board

thats thge board i opened it today and notice as you can see above the memory card some sort of connector is missing is that the problem?

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Alas Jay_19 I'm at a loss when it comes to electronics.

Worse I think I recall , J Sanders (resident expert on this forum) mentioning that one needs to in this case, plug the blackberry to known good charger without the battery, once connected and the battery should replaced and for 2-3 hours.

If does it not boot up, while connected the chager still, remove and re-insert battery.

This he continued for about a day or two but it finally booted.....something to do about battery cycles going array.

Although I'm not 100% on above procedure, but do a search for J Sanders posts , I read it recently so should find it.

Apologies for not recalling it earlier as it would delayed the extreme measure of opening up your device.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Hi Jay

Once you connect charger without inserting battery, some time it takes time to show no battery (better to check whether charger you are suin ghaving some problem, so replace it as well or try to charge it from PC using USB data chord). Once you will find no battery sign, then insert battery without removing charger.

Thanks...!!

Contributor

okay will try

Highlighted
Contributor

no luck with that