Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8310 Media Manager hijinks

That's right, hijinks, but not of the fun variety. Of the, OMG, why won't this bleeping thing work variety.  Okay, you've all heard it before, I have read it in a million thread (okay, maybe just 50 or so). DM sees my device until I try to do anything with it. Most specifically, anything media related, cause face it, I am trying to play with the thing for happy fun time here. As soon as I go to Media Manager, oh my, the device magically stopped exsisting for DM, my pc still sees it, but hey, that's not what matters here.  I try to sync some music, nope. Says to me "open as administrator"...okay. I try that, and suddenly DM can't see my device even from the main menu! Insanity. So I have beat my head against the wall, and almost this fancy little new phone of mine too. No where I looked could I find a resolution to my problem, just more people saying "I have the exact same problem.".... uber helpful as it may be, didn't do anything for my case. Then a little light bulb went off, and I came to share with you of the frustrated masses.

Are you one of the many who just want some fragging songs, pictures, and general happy on your phone, but Media Manager hates you and denies you? Stop. Just stop. Media Manager is a POS (and I don't mean point of sale) as far as I can tell. No one out there seems to know how or why it does this, but it does. A solution should have happened by now, but it's not, so let's stop expecting it. Here is the simple work around. Get your little micro SD, get and adapter, pop that bad boy in a card reader, drag and drop your media on it, then stick it back in your phone. No dinking with MM necessary. I know,it doesn't solve every problem, but it solves some. As for you people trying to get it to cooperate for important things like work... all I can say to you is good luck and let's all pray for that super genius phone user who will figure out the magic words for us.

Later!

(and oh, if you are that genius, please share the wealth... I still want DM to work, you know.)

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Curve 8310 Media Manager hijinks

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I have to correct you right off....You did read it in a million posts Smiley Happy 

Media manager is "less than well received by the community"

However, do things a little bit easier.

If you have a media card, just hook the BB via USB to the PC and Drag and drop through windows, You don't need to remove, put in reader replace. The BB shows up as a flash drive in Windows (with media card)

One thing you may want to try though is Media Sync. HOLD IT, don't throw things till I'm done. Smiley Happy

It's a little standalone program, very stable and is good for music.

Now Itunes is a little different, and it's not BB. iTunes has DRM, and the BB can't play it. If you use media sync, you'll see a little red lock by the DRM protected Itunes. You can either pay a little more for the iTunes without DRM, or find an app that will strip it. I of course no nothing about this (GOOGLE SEARCH)  but that is what I've heard. Here is the link for Media sync demo and download :

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp

I hope this addressed your points brought up in your well presented RANT  Uh,um,I mean post.

On a serious note, is your DM working or do you need help?

Let me know.

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter