Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8310 Wireless internet help!?

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO ACCESS THE INTERNET USING WIRELESS... HOW DO I CONNECT TO M,Y WIRELESS MODEM (FOR MY LAPTOP), AND THEN HOW WOULD I GET ONTO A BROWSER SO I COULD USE FACEBOOK ECT??

ALSOOO... IS THERE A WAY THAT YOU CAN LOCK KEYS FROM THE HOME PAGE WITHOUT GOING ONTO THE MENU?

ANDDD IS THERE A WAY YOU CAN LOCK THE PHONE SO YOU HAVE TO ENTER A PIN WHEN SWITCHING IT ON?... OR A PIN TO LOCK MESSAGES/EMAILS/PHOTOS...ECT.??

NEW TO THE BLACKBERRY!! HELP IS NEEEDED!

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Curve 8310 Wireless internet help!?

FayeH25 wrote:

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO ACCESS THE INTERNET USING WIRELESS... HOW DO I CONNECT TO M,Y WIRELESS MODEM (FOR MY LAPTOP), AND THEN HOW WOULD I GET ONTO A BROWSER SO I COULD USE FACEBOOK ECT??

ALSOOO... IS THERE A WAY THAT YOU CAN LOCK KEYS FROM THE HOME PAGE WITHOUT GOING ONTO THE MENU?

ANDDD IS THERE A WAY YOU CAN LOCK THE PHONE SO YOU HAVE TO ENTER A PIN WHEN SWITCHING IT ON?... OR A PIN TO LOCK MESSAGES/EMAILS/PHOTOS...ECT.??

NEW TO THE BLACKBERRY!! HELP IS NEEEDED!

Please please please don't type in ALL CAPS. On the internet it is considered yelling, and rude, regardless of how much help you need.

1. If you have the model 8310 BlackBerry device, it does NOT have WiFi to connect to the WiFi from your laptop if that is what you are asking. Is it?

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan from your carrier (who is your carrier)?

2. Facebook, Go to mobile.blackberry.com ON your BlackBerry using he browser and download the FaceBook for BlackBerry application there.

3. Use Homescreen Shortcuts on the 8310 and you can press the letter K to lock the keyboard and device. See details here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Home_Screen_Shortcuts

4. Yes, Options > Security > set a password for your BlackBerry.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Well if you have a data plan from your carrier you can use the browser right away. If you do not have a data plan and want to connect to a wi-fi network you can go into the Manage Connections icon and choose to Set Up Wi-Fi Network. Although if I remember correctly the 8310 doesn't have wi-fi built into the device. So as long as you have a data plan from your carrier you can use the browser icon and access the internet.

You can lock the keyboard by hitting the "Lock" symbol on the home screen. Alternatively you can place the device in standby mode if you don't want to lock it.

You can set a password on the device so that if it's locked you'll have to enter a password to unlock it. You can go into Options | Security Options | General Settings. From in here you can set the password to be enabled and also set the timeout duration (time the device can be idle before it becomes locked).

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Developer
New Developer
My Device: dev alpha c (bb10)
My Carrier: www.rzr.online.fr

Are there some way to  use the internet using the usb link while debugging ? or ip over bluetooth ?

or is it just useless without a sim card ?

last question which sdk do you recommend to deploy on this hardware ,

I tested with latest one but it fails (os4 vs os6)

regards

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

rzr wrote:

Are there some way to  use the internet using the usb link while debugging ? or ip over bluetooth ?

or is it just useless without a sim card ?

The SIM controls the service; no SIM = No service.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: saeedmaliq

Please help how to access email from my blackberry 8310 and how do i use internet when I have connections.