07-20-2008 11:57 AM
07-20-2008 12:08 PM
I've only had my BB for a few days, but I can answer a couple of your questions.
I believe you can delete multiple items by using shift-select.
You can copy MP3s directly to the SD card if you connect your BB as a mass-storage device (I have done this)
Under Options|Screen/Keyboard, turn "Automatically Dim Backlight" off.
07-20-2008 02:10 PM
Question 7: Blackberry is currently in the process of upgrading to a 4.5 operating system. There are beta versions available and some carriers have released the supported version. This new operating system is supposed to not only support online streaming videos but also give your camera a video recording feature. I have not tried the new OS yet because I am scared of beta versions.
Question 10: To get the backlight to stop dimming go to options then screen/keyboard and scroll down to "automatically dim backlight" click on where it says on and switch to off. back out using the return key on the right of your trackball. and click on save.
07-23-2008 10:08 PM
07-24-2008 10:45 AM
1. You can not install apps on the memory card it is only for media.
3. 4.5 OS will open .doc files with Documents to Go.
5. No you can't get a 3rd party to write to the native Password Keeper app on the BlackBerry.
7. With 4.5 you can do this. It is not beta anymore it has been released by certain carriers. Here is the link for the latest 4.5 for your device http://members.a1.net/updateservice/bb/
Scroll down to BlackBerry firmware then select the 8310.
13. You can't backup directly to the media card, but you can backup your BlackBerry like normal then copy and paste it to your media card.