Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Curve 8310 won't stay functionally paired with Motorola H500

I successfully (initially) paired my H500 with my Curve.  After a few days, the status would be paired and there would be no audio routed to the earpiece.  I wiped my phone and restored.  Problem solved for a few more days, but now I'm back in the same boat.

I have tried deleting and re-"pairing" - does not help - makes it worse.

Symptoms:

Curve will find and pair with H500.  However it gets stuck and says "waitng for Motorola H500" no matter how long you wait.

It you abort from the "waiting..." screen, the devices appear paired, but there is no audio.

The menu choice "Disconnect" is initially present on the paired device menu on the Curve.  After selecting "Disconnect", the menu choice "Connect" never appears on the paired device menu on the Curve, so you cannot initiate connection from the Curve.

Any attempts to connect/disconnect via the H500 (after pairing) are unsuccessful.

Hope someone can help me.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Curve 8310 won't stay functionally paired with Motorola H500

Hi and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

Found this in the KB: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04724&slic...

When it is "waiting" does it need the passkey entered?  Sounds like you successfully did that before though.  Let us know. Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor

Yes, I get through the passkey portion (0000) and the earpiece flashes as if connected.  The Curve goes then displays the "waiting for Motorola H500" and stays there.  If I bypass that screen, the Curve indicates that it is connected, but does not feed audio to the earpiece.  (NOTE:  I did test the earpiece and it connects with other phones without a problem.)

Also, I already found the link you provided and they were not useful/present on my phone.  Even after pressing "full menu" the only choices are "activate speakerphone" or "activate handset"  :-(

Forums Veteran III

Are both the devices in discoverable mode?
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor

Keep in mind that I was initially able to pair and connect successfully.  I did check the Curve and changed it to "Discoverable = Yes".  I'm not sure what I should be doing to the H500.  I have put the earpiece in pairing mode and paired it with the Curve (no success), disabled the earpiece and enabled it again (still no success).

Another note, when pairing was successful and I would enable the earpiece, the Curve would always ask me if I wanted to accept the H500.  Now it never asks.

New Contributor

Still need help with this one.  See history above.  Thanks.
Forums Veteran III

[ Edited ]

NiseyJ3738 wrote:

Keep in mind that I was initially able to pair and connect successfully.  I did check the Curve and changed it to "Discoverable = Yes".  I'm not sure what I should be doing to the H500.  I have put the earpiece in pairing mode and paired it with the Curve (no success), disabled the earpiece and enabled it again (still no success).

Another note, when pairing was successful and I would enable the earpiece, the Curve would always ask me if I wanted to accept the H500.  Now it never asks.

My BB asks to accept the connection from my headset, however there is also an option to "don't ask this question again".  Perhaps you checked this off so it is not asking you anymore.

I should also ask the obvious questions.  I assume you have gone into manage connections on your BB and have bluetooth enabled?  And you have also gone into the Set up bluetooth on your BB and "searched for devices from here"? It is possible it has become disabled.  Let us know.

Found this as well on another forum:  http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/74563-motorola-h500-bluetooth-headset...

Message Edited by IrwinII on 08-19-2009 05:50 PM
Message Edited by IrwinII on 08-19-2009 06:04 PM
IrwinII
New Contributor

I never (intentionally) selected "Don't ask this question again".  I don't believe I accidentally did either.

Yes, bluetooth is enabled. Smiley Wink I also disabled and enabled it again to see if that would reset anything.

If I click Setup > Bluetooth > BB button > Add Device, the BB will search for and find my earpiece. Next I click on the H500 and it asks for the Passkey, that is when it gets "stuck" in the "waiting for the Motorola H500" mode.  The H500, at this point, believes it is paired with the BB and if you hit the "undo" key and back out of the "waiting...." window, the BB then believes it is paired with the earpiece, BUT no audio....

Forums Veteran III

NiseyJ3738 wrote:

I never (intentionally) selected "Don't ask this question again".  I don't believe I accidentally did either.

Yes, bluetooth is enabled. Smiley Wink I also disabled and enabled it again to see if that would reset anything.

If I click Setup > Bluetooth > BB button > Add Device, the BB will search for and find my earpiece. Next I click on the H500 and it asks for the Passkey, that is when it gets "stuck" in the "waiting for the Motorola H500" mode.  The H500, at this point, believes it is paired with the BB and if you hit the "undo" key and back out of the "waiting...." window, the BB then believes it is paired with the earpiece, BUT no audio....

OK. Thanks for the replies. I assume you have the H500 in pairing mode as well and you enter the passkey on the BB and that's when you get stuck?  I know you have tried deleting and reentering the routine.  At this point, I'm wondering if your earpiece is not actually entering pairing mode hence getting stuck.  It doesn't seem to be receiving the passkey.  Warranty?  Try pairing with another BB?  Just trying to eliminate as many variable as possible.

IrwinII
New Contributor

OK, fascinating result.  I successfully paired my earpiece with my coworker's Curve.  We then unpaired and deleted my earpiece from his Curve.  THEN I reattempted pairing with my phone.  Voila'!!  All systems go.  I have absolutely no idea why, but somehow that reset something and solved the issue.

Thanks!!  Without your suggestion, I might not have thought of pairing with another Curve.

The source of the problem will forever remain a mystery I guess.  Smiley Happy