Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 8330 verizon

Re: Curve 8320 firmware upgrade problem !!!!

where'd u find the "vendor file" so i can try it
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Do a search on your pc for vendor.xml it should be in a RIM directory

Let me know if you get it!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Do you guys think there was a problem while installing the upgrade?my carrier is Smart Philippines..the only version they have is v4.2...that was the original version of my BB..i cannot view any documents with the previous version, but i could view picture attachments...i already installed the 4.5 upgrade in my PC and this time, i can view and edit word documents only..no excel,or .pdf files can be viewed with it...do i have to re-install the software??thanks
Contributor

when i clilck documents to go icon in my applications menu, i can only see two icons.. one is word to go, and the other is slideshow to go...i dont understand why there is no excel icon or acrobat / .pdf icon when in fact documents to go should come with this package...im open for suggestions..thanks
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

I did a search on docs to go and apparently Sprint has an issue with excel spreadsheets. I couldn't find anything on your carrier. Try to search these forums, maybe you'll have better luck than me.

Congratulations on a successful upgrade!

Let me know if I can help!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-07-2008 11:18 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

vendor.xml file is located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader....
Contributor

hi bifocals,

i  installed an upgrade for my bb8320 from v4.2 to v4.5 but the problem was, it cannot view excel attachments..only word and pictures..i thought there might be some problems when i installed the upgrade or some file were corrupted during the process...without asking for suggestions from the forum (sorry guys..), i tried downgrading the software back to v4.2...the downgrade was successful though....now, i tried re-installing the upgrade version 4.5 hoping that the excel attachment can now be view with its documents to go apps...

after installing upgraded versions of the desktop and handheld software, i plugged my device and opend the DM.  it did not ask me if i want to upgrade the os....unlike my first upgrade, i was asked if i want to upgrade the os...and also, upon checking the upplication loader list, i did not find any other apllications on the list..son documents to go, etc...it only has yahoogo...unlike my first upgrade, it has a list of documents to go...

did i miss anything in the process?or does that mean once you downgraded, youll never gonna get upgraded again??thanks