Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Curve 8320 locks when I put it in holster, even though I have it set not to

Under General Settings, I have "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering" set to "No." But it still locks every time. My firmware is up-do-date. It's a new phone (for me), so I don't know if it's ever worked. I don't believe the holster is OEM, but should that matter? A magnet is a magnet.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 8320 locks when I put it in holster, even though I have it set not to

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, a magnet is not a magnet. Each BB model has a different position of the receptor that responds to the holster magnet...if you use a holster that does not have that magnet specially placed for your exact model BB, then it may not work correctly.

But, in any event, if as you say you have that set to NO on your BB, then it should not be locking in the holster. Unless perhaps you have the auto-lock timer set to a short enough time period? If so, then it's possible that, upon immediately placing into the holster, it's not locking...but after time passes, that auto-lock kicks in and locks it.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Curve 8320 locks when I put it in holster, even though I have it set not to

The phone locks instantly, as I put it in the holster. It's obviously not a magnet issue, as you point out, because the problem is that it *locks*, not that it doesn't (if the magnet were in the wrong place it wouldn't lock). My guess is that it's a phone issue, although I suppose I could buy another holster and see what happens. Any other ideas?