Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8330 and Macintosh

Are there any Mac owners out there that can help me?

I just purchased a Curve 8330 on the weekend from Bell Canada and I downloaded the Pocket Mac application.

I am unable to sync, using either a G5 tower running 10.5 or a G4 iBook OS 10.5.

The error message is that the device is not found on both Macs.

I am also unable to set up Bluetooth to pair with my iBook. My Motorola phone was great, I could sync contacts, pictures, files etc, but the Blackberry is simply not working.

Does anyone have any ideas? 

New Contributor

Re: Curve 8330 and Macintosh

To answer my own question, there is a requirement for a driver update.

Hello Matthew,

Recently we have seen some connectivity problems with the 8120 and 8130. Several 8330 customers have reported similar problems. The following driver update should restore syncing with your BlackBerry:
http://download.yousendit.com/375C4C071BA04C0D

Please let me know if the problem persists.

Greg H.
Technical Support Engineer
PocketMac Support Team
http://www.pocketmacsupport.net

http://www.pocketmac.com 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry Greg,

The driver that you have provided does not work. I've got a brand new BlackBerry Curve 8330 here, and just downloaded the latest PocketMac and driver update. I've got a G5 tower, MacOS X 10.4.11. Yes, I've got everything connected properly.

There is simply no connection. System profiler recognizes the RIM device, so the Mac knows the BlackBerry is connected, but PocketMac doesn't connect anyway. "Add New Device" is greyed out.

Any help you can provide is appreciated. 

Message Edited by ScienceMan on 04-22-2008 09:44 PM
Message Edited by ScienceMan on 04-22-2008 09:44 PM
New Contributor

I agree, doesn't work. I got the email for it from PocketMac yesterday. No connection, error 1, skipping.
New Contributor

New Question:

I can't link my iBook and my Curve via bluetooth. I get an error message on the Mac saying "services not supported".

Any ideas on how to get pictures etc off the Curve and onto the Mac?

Second question:

I've already forgotten my log in and password, how do I go about finding them?

Thanks 

Thanks Greg! This update worked perfectly for me with OS X 10.5.2 on my MacBook Pro and my Bell 8330. You rock!

Carolyn 

New Contributor

Glad it worked for somebody...I wish somebody was me...

Have you found out the problem and what was the solution.  I am having the same problem with the same phone.
New Contributor

Hello All,

I can confirm cjohann's report that the update provided by Greg above does indeed work on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.2. After installing the update, I was able to sync perfectly. Smiley Very Happy

But this update still does not work on my PowerMac G5 tower running OS X 10.4.11. Smiley Mad Perhaps it is Tiger vs. Leopard issue, or maybe it is due to the different processors. The installation of PocketMac on both machines is identical.

I will be updating the G5 tower to 10.5.2 very soon, and then I'll give the syncing another try an report back. 

ScienceMan,

I have been able to sync my Mac mini OS X 10.4.11 with my blackberry successfully after uninstalling and reinstalling Pocketmac.  Then opening the link again.  There was a lot of swearing up until then but it did work.  I have only synced once so far but that is all I have needed to.

Hope this helps.