Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8330 is not recognized by Desktop Manager.... Please help.

[ Edited ]

I brought home my 8330 and downloaded the Desktop manager (v4.7).  After many attempts for my phone to show that the USB was staying connected, my Desktop Manager still refuses to recongize that my phone is connected.  I am lost as to what to do next.  I have had v4.5 and then tried v4.7.  Can anyone offer and help/suggestions?

Sprint Curve 8330 v4.3.0.127, Platform 3.1.0.73

Windows Vista

Desktop Manager v4.7

Thanks,
Tim

Message Edited by murf3030 on 01-13-2009 01:55 AM
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Curve 8330 is not recognized by Desktop Manager.... Please help.

After opening BlackBerry Desktop Manager and connect your device. In Desktop Manager click on Option -> Connection Option can you find  your device with PIN no.?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

[ Edited ]
No, I cannot see the device/PIN.
Message Edited by murf3030 on 01-13-2009 08:35 AM

Hi, I see it has been a while since your post, and I am sure you have figured out the problem since then.  I had the same problem on my device / desktop running Vista.  I found out that it wouldn't reconize my device due to the administrator controls on Vista.  When I originally installed the software, I said to allow only me as the only user and I think this may of had something to do with it.  I right clicked on the icon for the BB Desktop and changed the properties to allow all users and that solved my problem.  Instantly my PIN was recognized.  Hopefully this will help someone in the future.