Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8330 single-button sequence to end first call and take second call

Hello,

In the silliest-question-of-the-month  category (except to the flustered user), I am trying to discover whether and when the Curve 8330 is capable of ending Call One and taking Call Two by pressing just one button to perform both actions. 

I am aware of the Tour 9630 KB regarding service-provider specificity for this ability, but our service provider (Sprint) techs are unable to provide a definitive answer. 

FWIW, our Tours present the following two choices when a second call arrives:

1) "Answer - hold current" or 

2) "Ignore"

No option to "Answer - Drop Current" displays on the 9630. 

The Curve behaves the same way. 

However, the user claims that her first Curve did provide a one-click sequence that ended the first call while accepting the second call. 

The worst bit is that simply pressing the green "Call" button to take the second call does drop the first call - until the user ends the second call.  Within five seconds, the first (ended) call's telephone number - all by itself - calls the user's device again!  Of course, the first caller is long gone - but the line itself apparently wants to reconnect with the confused user, who had long ago said good-bye to the first caller when taking the second call. 

Is this Sprint?  Is this RIM?  Is this the device (5.4.0.1.3.1) wanting an OS upgrade?  All direction is much appreciated.