Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Curve 8330 will not sync with desktop manager after 4.5 OS upgrade

Here's the other thing. When I put the phone back together, and connect it to the desktop, I can see it as drive E: and I am able to browse the device. If I can do that, why then can' t the desktop manager see the phone?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

check device manager and see if you see blackberry smartphone in universal serial bus controllers

might want to try a clean uninstall of DTM and reinstall 4.7

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B59 English - Without Media Manager

Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B59 English - With Media Manager

Contributor

drzz, that's a whole lot of keystrokes/steps just to upgrade.  I just downloaded 4.5 to Desktop Manager and installed from there with memory card in place.  I haven't noticed any problems.  However, I haven't tried Google.  I only had my phone a few days before upgrading.  Maybe I'm just to dumb to realize I'm screwed.  Ignorance is bliss.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Alright Drizz, I uninstalled DM 4.7 following the instructions. Thank you. I downloaded the new exe and have tried to install. It is currently stuck on what appears to be 100% but it hasn't offically "finished" yet. Status screen is just stuck all blue.

Do I kill it or continue waiting? I've been waiting around 10 minutes now.