Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN

Curve 8520 Appworld problem

I hope someone here can help me because I've had this problem since I bought this phone - about 3 weeks ago.

1. I downloaded the new Appworld - version-2.1.2.19.

2. After the download I created a Blackberry ID. 

3. Everytime I sign in, it tells me "AN ERROR HAS OCCURED, PLS TRY AGAIN LATER" - Been doing this for weeks.

The other problem is that when I try to install "Tringme" it says - "Data connectivity required"

Im on the Blackberry unlimited browsing plan and have some cash loaded on my sim card but Im nearing the end of my 1 month Bleckberry experiance - This has been the worst problems Iv'e ever had with ANY cell phone ever - googling day and night with no progress. Everybody seems to have similar problems but there seemingly is no fix available.

Please help.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Re: Curve 8520 Appworld problem

Welcome to blackberry, when I bought mine I felt I had committed treason but now I cant do without it. I would suggest you do a battery pull to reboot, then go to appworld, my world, check if there is option to “Log Out” then do so. If there is no log out option go to Webstore (web version of app world) click on sign in and see if you are allowed to go into app world web version. If you manage then connect your phone to the PC and download an app from app world, then log in to app world on your phone see if it allows you. I did that with mine and it was resolved, I also experienced the error about 2 weeks ago and when I looked around i found that there was an upgrade being done, could this be the time you registered? If so you can try register again. Good luck.