Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Curve 8520 Orange Internet Bolt On

Recently bought Curve 8520 on orange 'Pay as you go'.

Was told I could pay £5 for internet monthly, which I purchased as a bolt-on.

I also signed up for the orange 'Dolphin' plan which mentioned internet usage also.

I haven't been provided with a BIS or BES and although my Bb claims to have wifi under orange, I can't access the internet and it says 'gprs' next to the supposedly strong signal.

I can't set up E-mails, because my only option is enterprise, which requires a passcode I have not been supplied with.

I have sent dozens of 'Host routing table' requests without feedback and am finally stumped.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing? Surely if I've paid for a months of internet, there should have been an activation key or password to enter... yet nothing. I'm sure it's something silly but unfortunately I live miles from cities, so can't just go 'ask a phone guy' like a previous forum suggested...

MEH WANTS EMAILZ AND STOOF. GAAH.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 8520 Orange Internet Bolt On

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Refer to this:

With hundreds of carriers in the world with dozens of plans each, it is impossible to validate for you where the plans you've singed up for fall in that generic guideline. But, from your description, it sounds like you've only signed up for the middle listed plan...which would explain the restrictions you are seeing. You need the full BB data plan in order to activate the remaining services. You should contact your carrier and discuss what it would take to activate the services you desire.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................