Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Curve 8520 email verification

nope... does not work.

:-(

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sorry, there's no way for me to know what part of the suggestions you tried or didn't try, or what part did work, when say only "didn't work". Good luck.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

no worries... thanks for trying to help.

I am going to get another phone as this one is old anyway and I can't be asked with hassling with a device that won't work... it won't be a BB!

Your loss!

The Z10, Q10 and Z30 are awesome devices and outrank iPhones all around.

Surely you won't opt for a malware-ridden Android!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Well, after a few weeks of waiting I managed to re-instate both email accounts on my curve 8520 so maybe the problem was with Hotmail and Outlook rather then Blackberry. Anyway all is fine at the moment. Thanks to all those people with their suggestions. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Fido

I have been having same problem since March 22 ("User account is in an INVALID mode" message for my hotmail e-mail, incoming and outgoing messages on my BB Curve 8520), in Canada.  E-mails to/from another g-mail account do seem to work. Fido is the provider; they advised that I contact BB directly; not a very easy thing to accomplish!  Fortunately, I have an iPad, so can access my hotmail messaging...and I have tried to be a 'loyal' BB smartphone customer (live within 20 km of head offices)...but am getting very frustrated.  BB...HELP!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Hi, I had promblems with both my hotmail.co.uk and oulook.com mailboxes which I could not get either verified for a period. I tried a number of suggestions posted on this forum which didn't seem to work. I gave up and took them off my phone and acccessed them both via the browser which wasn't ideal. Then after about four weeks I tried again to set them both up again on my phone and this time it worked so something was resolved between Balckberry and Microsoft. What it was I don't know but I'm happy to say both are working perfectly now.  

New Contributor

Thanks, Chrischr99..have been a hotmail user for more than 15 years..must be many more too...seems like a problem that BB should care about...must be nice to have confidence that their fall from grace does not need to assist buyers/users like me/them.

NCMD wrote:

seems like a problem that BB should care about...must be nice to have confidence that their fall from grace does not need to assist buyers/users like me/them.

BlackBerry does... but this is/was a Microsoft issue.

It's cute how people are so quick to criticize BlackBerry... first assumption is it's a BlackBerry problem.

Wrong.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Actually, I did not intend to 'blame' BB for the issue...but if they are aware of a widespread problem with a major e-mail system used on their 'smart'phone, it would seem to me that they would be more proactive in advising their carriers/end-user customers of its existence, and make suggestions for 'recovery' more apparent/accessible.  Not all users are as sophisticated as you likely are...it is one of the issues which BB 'invited' when they chose to get into the 'consumer' business.  Actually, I think I may have solved the problem, by working my way through the maze of their website 'support' system.  Whether BB or expert users like to hear it or not, I personally think that their 'customer relationships' could stand some 'work'.  And this is coming from someone who is wanting to remain 'faithful', despit having a terrible experience with the Playbook (finally threw it out), trying to convince family and friends not to 'switch' to Apple stuff, but loving the iPad which my son finally forced me to accept!