Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Proximus

Re: Curve 8520 internet connection troubles

I have a similar problem but the other way around. I would like to use the internet via WiFi but not via the network. So I had to turn of dataservices in the mobile network menu. Now the curve won't let me use the internet via wifi, keeps on telling me" turn on dataservices". On the Belgian networks it's cost me over 100 Euro/ month because the curve keeps on looking for updates. Lucky for me the provider did pay back some costs because they were able to see the difference between me surfing and the phone looking for updates.

I never had this problem with my previous provider. 

Is there a method the block internet via the provider network and still be able to use the internet via the hotspot browser. The provider ha already blocked data access but the curve keeps on trying to find an update.

Thanks for the advice

Bart

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: student

Hi, Please help me out with this...i have got Curve 8520 and data plan is active when ever i am browsing website..main balance is getting detected....my ISP is Vodafone....i had called them more than 10 times....they stated there isnt any issue with there server.....it would be a great help please..Please suggest any settings...my email address is abdulsadique786@gmail.com

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 07949210653

hi i put a password lock  on my blackberry  8520 and every time i click the middle button to unlock it nothing comes up and i  was wondering if you can help

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Try going to your "manage connections" icon, then turn off "mobile network".

This should force your phone to use your wireless connection.  Do your update then turn on your mobile connection.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Sun Cellular

I'm experiencing the same problem..

where can I find that Host Routing Table?..

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

shenarosafamilia wrote:

I'm experiencing the same problem..

where can I find that Host Routing Table?..

Hello,

Generic instructions are in post #2 above. More specific instructions require information from you as to your specific BB OS level (you have already shown, in your profile, that you are using an 8520).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: airtel

i dont have data plan. what should i do?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

pinklove12 wrote:

i dont have data plan. what should i do?

Well, that depends on what you desire to accomplish. If you desire to use any of the BB-proprietary services, then you need to get a BB-specific data plan. If you desire to use generic data services (for the very limited things you can do on a BB with such a plan), get a generic data plan. If you don't want any data services at all, then don't get a data plan.

Answering your question clearly requires your question to be complete...

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Australia

Thanks for the advice on how to connect my Blackberry to the internet.

Unfortunately, when I go to the Host Routing Table, and click on "Register device on wireless network", I simply get a screen with a message *No Entries*

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

Hall of Famer III

bladerunn3r wrote:

Thanks for the advice on how to connect my Blackberry to the internet.

Unfortunately, when I go to the Host Routing Table, and click on "Register device on wireless network", I simply get a screen with a message *No Entries*

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Updated instructions...I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step...if the specifically noted messages do not arrive, then STOP and contact your mobile service provider for formal support):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!