Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Curve 8520 keeps freezing and going to white screen

I recently had my curve replaced after the trackpad stopped working. Now my new curve keeps freezing when I'm on the internet, the screen will get white lines across it which gradually get bigger until the whole screen is white. A reboot doesn't work unless the phone is plugged into the charger and the problem never happens when the phone is on charge.

I've tried changing the browser settings so JavaScript isn't enabled, I've also reinstalled the software and finally decided to wipe my blackberry and restored it to the file i had saved from my old curve and I'm still getting the same problem.

I'm not sure whether it's linked to the battery as it also happens when making a call if the battery is low and when I reboot my curve after it's gone to a white screen the battery has usually dropped a few bars (usually from full to 2 bars)

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Curve 8520 keeps freezing and going to white screen

Press and hold the Menu Key, how many applications show open? If there are a few, select them and press the Menu Key and select close. Then test to see if your device performance improves.

If not back up your device data, then Try to go through the following clean application load process: http://bbry.lv/cKy9A0 Make sure you test before restoring any backups.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

I don't have any applications running in the background apart from the standard ones which always appear.

I tried following the process above and half way through my blackberry goes to a black screen and disconnects then I get a message on the desktop manager saying "A fatal error has occured while updating your device's software. Please try again"

I tried a couple of times and got the same thing, then I tried downgrading the software and still the error message is appearing.

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

I suggest that you contact your wireless provider and have them escalate this issue to Research in Motion.

My Device: Not Specified

What do you mean "select them" (after holding menu key to see what is running). I have more than 6 but pressing the menu key while one or any are highlighted does nothing. There is no list of options including "close" to select! How do I stop all these applications from running in the background?

My Carrier: Orange

My blackberry curve is also having the same problem. I recently changed the battery to a brand new one and it seemed fine at first until the problem started again. I really need a solution for this, or maybe i should get a different make of blackberry e.g. Bold

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: carphone warehouse

Could someone please help me. I have a blackberry 8520 and I recently accidentally put ONLY the keypad in the water but luckily I read that you have to keep it in the sun for 24 hours and it worked, next my charger port broke of then I got it fixed but right after I got it fixed every time I fully charge my phone or it have 2 or more bars in like 10 or 7mins it freezes and their are these lines then it goes into a white screen. I took the battery and put the batter back in the phone worked fine but then the battery went from full to battery drained shutting down?!? What do I do??