Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: T - Mobile

Curve 8520 os: 5.0.0.681 randomly crashing and only shows white screen and unable to reboot unless plugged in

Anyone else suffering from their curve 8520 os: 5.0.0.681 randomly crashing and only showing a white screen as well as it being unable to reboot unless it is plugged in? It often occurs when I'm playing media, using apps and maps. Had the same problem with my previous phone so it was sent in for repair and replaced but I'm still suffering from the same problem with the replacement handset! Any ideas how it fix this?

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 8520 os: 5.0.0.681 randomly crashing and only shows white screen and unable to reboot unless plugged in

Hello Me_Again

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Since you got a replacement it the same old Battery you are using or its a new Battery  with your replacement device.Sometime this white Screen or unable to reboot happen because of weak battery .I suggest if you can arrange a good quality Battery then try running your device a few hours to see if the problem is within the device or its just Battery issue.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: T - Mobile

Re: Curve 8520 os: 5.0.0.681 randomly crashing and only shows white screen and unable to reboot unless plugged in

Its a brand new battery as well. Cheers will give your suggestion a try, see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks