Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Curve 8520 stuck on a "white screen of death"

CONFIRMED SOLUTION:

Replace the battery. Have got one from ebay for less than $10 and last one week never heard/seen this white screen of death problem.  One of my friend also had the same issue in 8520 curve and by replacing battery his issue also went away.

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: t-mobile

hello, i took my battery out, and then the white screen come up even if i got the charger in or i have no battery in there its just a blank white screen, even if i take the battery out it does not work? can you please help me asap ! thanks

Highlighted
Contributor

CONFIRMED SOLUTION:

Replace the battery. Have got one from ebay for less than $10 and last one week never heard/seen this white screen of death problem.  One of my friend also had the same issue in 8520 curve and by replacing battery his issue also went away.

My Carrier: virgin media

At step 4, no options come up called USB-PIN: UNKNOWN, what should i do? my blackberry says its not connected to the computer and has a white screen!

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Did you read the remainder of this thread?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Carrier: orange

After recently changing the lcd screen on my blackberry 8520.  I followed the instructions in your thread, and had no success.  I am wondering now, if its possible that the board has become damaged as a result of handling it, as nothing else has changed?

Despite being damaged, the original screen was actually showing the phone booting up, but on re-connecting it, it gave the same result as the new one.  All connections appear to be clean, and in tact.

It's still remains an unsolved mystery for many on here.  Just wondering if you had any more thoughts on the subject?  Regards, Chris.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Thanks alot this worked for me and now the phone is working normally.

My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: orange

hi guys

i have a blackberry curve 8520 and my screen doesn't go off a 'white screen'. This has happened many times before but i would take the battery out and it would come back on. This time it wont come back on at all, i have tried the battery technique so many times, it just doesn't come on. WHAT CAN I DO???

Contributor

Please search for CONFIRMED SOLUTION in this thread!

Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

Hi i had couple responses to my screen fading away and becoming white and the only solution is to take of the battery then it reboots i thought was the battery but i proved was not the battery but i was advised to try a new battery but i have not tried a new battery asyet sometimes when i removed the battery and it reboots up the battery is realy dead but there is times the battery is not dead when it reboots so thats why i was saying its not the battery i reloaded the software but dont know if i done it properly and i also made a statement saying i realise when the charger is plugged in this dont happen everything is fine.But the latest one i have figured out now is that when the screen fades and becomes realy white i dont have to take of the battery anymore i just have to plug in the charger and it reboots itself up.can someone help i just wanted to know if the battery is the problem before i buy another one.Thanks...