02-04-2012 08:23 PM
Thanks for your reply I have tried to do this many times but to no avail!
When I go into my computer link it says that I need to install the OS system software but has no selection to do so.
Its very frustrating just wish Blackberry would help its customers trouble shoot there IT problems there's just no help I have tried to find telephone numbers but its all auto mated systems that are just as frustrating rang the shop we got the phone from and we may just try and take it back as I have spent far to much time trying to fix this problem on my own except from help with good people like yourself.
Many thanks for your help I will try what you said again.
02-21-2012 05:33 AM
Had the same issue of screen fading out gradually (first thought it is some virus) since this will happen when the battery goes low (about 20% remaining or so) and home page fades out to full contrast white screen - like a bright torch light. Nothing works - keys or remove+reinsert battery etc..
* Remove SIM, media cards
* Charge the BB to 30 or 40% (you may not know how much it charged, but leave it for 15 minutes in charging)
* Boot the blackberry, it will come to home screen
* Goto Options > Advanced Options > Applications and remove "Blackberry Appworld" application (delete)
* Reboot as instructed
* Power OFF using "red power off" button
* INSERT SIM & Media cards
Everything is normal. It seems to be a bug in BB AppWorld application. Whenever it is running, it drains out battery (another observation), without it I get full day-and-a-half of BB running without any issues!
02-22-2012 11:00 AM
When you say boot the blackberry im not to clear,do you mean switch it on or is there a certern way to boot up a blackberry phone?I thought you could only switch it on?
I will try this but i have been trying to fix a blackberry phone that has no sim or sd card just dont get how that would effect the phones switching on.
My white screen of death has been a permenent thing no fadeing just completly white after trying to download an app or somthing i think.
Thanks for your help.keep you updated to if this works for me.
02-22-2012 12:46 PM
02-22-2012 07:20 PM
03-01-2012 10:09 AM
I tried what you suggest.
I downloaded the operating system and it installed successfuly.
Unfortunately, I still have a white screen.
Do you have any other suggestions?
03-02-2012 03:52 AM
When the mobile is having the white screen, plug-in the power adapter and you will then be able to boot up the phone and use it. If this is the case we have the same problem; can you confirm?
03-06-2012 05:14 PM
03-07-2012 01:49 PM
If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black or white screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
i tried this and it didnt work what should i do now?