Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520, model: RCG41GW

Re: Curve 8520 stuck on a "white screen of death"

Hi nicolaa-aimeex,

looks like we are having EXACTLY the same problem,... mine also shows my USB-PIN at stage 4 (the connection stage) did you manage to fix yours? please help me out if you found out a way pleaseeeeee 

My Device: Not Specified

I tried the approach from JSanders and was not successful. I took my device to an AT&T Device Support Center. My white screen of death was a hardware issue, so there was nothing I could have downloaded or installed to fix the problem. Something to keep mind for those that try JSanders's approach without success.

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Alltel

I know this information is well out of date for you, but thought I would post this just incase someone happens to be looking at that error and can't find the answer.  I received this same error when doing the above mentioned fix and the error occurs because you are likely running a x64 bit operating system.  A x64 bit operating system has 2 different folders named "Program Files", one for x64 bit programs, and ones for regular x32 bit programs.  To correct the error you are having with this just copy and paste the following line as before and you shouldn't have a problem.

"c:\program files (x86)\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

My Device: Not Specified

Hi I'm new here, just wondering if someone can help me with my 8520 curve that I got in aug 2010 it keeps going 2 a white screen 2,3 times a day without the black clock in the middle of it. I don't know what to do can someone help me
Visitor
My Device: 8520

Re: Curve 8520 stuck on a "when i press answer key screen is going blue"

Hi,

I have problem, when i am pressing answering call the screen become blank blue screen

same when i am making call dail the number and press the call key screen become blank blue scree

Nanda

My Device: curve 8525
My Carrier: virgin

Thank you thanks you.

I have been on the phone to virgin for over an hour and they could not help. 10 mins on ythis and sorted . I did need to update the operating one first but thank  you for posting the answer you are a star

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi guys, do these instructions work the same for Windows 7 64-bit ?

I now have a problem with the phone re-booting, but not completing a full reboot before switching off. I then only get a blinking red light....if I re-charge the device for a full 24 hours, I am able to switch it on again. I have a brand new battery, and also run Lookout Mobile Security. The battery icon still shows full when it shuts off......

My device software is v5.0.0592 (Blackberry Curve 8520)

Does anyone know what the problem could be ?

My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: o2

hi bud im running windows 7 and want to know where this quote goes exactly please

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

nothing comes up like you said.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Verizon

You are the Best.  Verizon said nothing could be done and I had to purchase a new phone.  Thanks you SOOOOOO much!